engine sitting in the chassis. The
Toyota production intake manifold has some clearance issues, there are
modifications/solution documented on the web to resolve this. I wanted
(Individual Throttle Bodies) for my car, I figured
might as well do it right away instead of hacking something and then
doing it latter.
piece of aluminium from Metaldepot.com,
it’s 3/8 inch thick and 4 inches high. I ordered 4 foot since if I made
mistake I would have enough material for another one. I’m also planning
a new alternator bracket with some of the offcuts.
flange contour I took my intake
manifold gasket. As you can see the fabrication process should be
especially in mating the round tubes to the oval port. I have a few
will explore them a little bit latter.
piece of aluminium, I sprayed some
machinist blue and scribed the contour of my gasket. I tried my current
blade, but it wasn’t that effective, I`ll go and buy a new one…But
first I’m going to drill all
and use my holesaw to cut the intake ports.
|| I pick up a set of
2002 GSXR 750 ITB`s for the project. They are sufficient for 200 HP
which is my target. for anything less I would have pick up the 600's .
They are so cheap right that they are really hard to resist.
||But first we need to get
rid of the secondary butterfllies. They would be great for low RPM
drivebility , but I'm building a race car... First I unscrewd the flaps.
||Once all 4 butterflies were
out of the
way I tackled the electronic selenoid and the bracket on the other
side. Once removed it was time to take the rod out of there. It is
actullay two pieces conected in the middle. I took out my dremel tool
and cut off both rods at the center ends. Once cut it was a breeze just
to pull them out from each end
||The finish product. Well
for the moment. Now I'm going back to the intake manifold.